[cvsnt] cvs release says all my files are modified

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri May 28 15:08:28 BST 2004

On 28 May 2004 15:10:38 +0200, Oliver Koltermann
<okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de> wrote:

>Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:56:35 +0100, "John Hall"
>> <john-news2 at cambridgetechgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>> >  >cvs co module
>> >  >cd module
>> >  >cvs release .
>> >  You have [302] altered files in this repository.
>> >  Are you sure you want to release directory `.':
>> >
>> I can't repeat that...  do the files show up as modified under
>> WinCVS/TortoiseCVS?
>
>I can repeat the problem with
>
>Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41a (client/server)
>Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41 (client/server)

The only way that a file will appear to be modified is if its
datestamp is incorrect.  This can happen if you for example mix CVS
versions (cygwin cvs doesn't have the timestamp fixes in it), or use a
samba sandbox.  This will show up under WinCVS as all the files
looking modified.