[cvsnt] Re: problem with checkout / permissions?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri May 28 16:36:29 BST 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004 11:55:04 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

>I have a system with some restricted permissions, and I'm getting this
>result (using the sspi protocol with cvsnt 2.0.41a):
>
>e:\test>cvs -t checkout Module/Test
>D:\Programs\CVS\CVSNT\cvs.exe -t checkout Module/Test
>  -> Tracelevel set to 1.  PID is 3992
>  -> Session ID is f9840b74b8b0000
>  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi:user at gedesk:/projects
>  -> Encryption enabled
>  -> Requesting server cvsignore
>  -> Requesting server cvswrappers
>  -> Requesting server cvsrc (read-cvsrc2)
>S -> do_module(Module/Test, Updating, , )
>cvs [server aborted]: Cannot check out files into the repository itself
>
>When I do the same as me myself, it works. But I am the admin on the
>server. When I login as any of the restricted users, I get the above. The
>odd thing is that it used to work; I don't know what has changed. (I did
>update cvsnt on both client and server, but it's been a while since I last
>tested this so I don't know whether this is related to it.)

That error can only happen if the directory you're in at the moment is
the CVSROOT - it's just a string compare with the current root and the
current directory (not even a particularly robust one... it's case
sensitive for example).

Could it be that your temp directory is pointing to the repository?