[cvsnt] Re: Loginfo Automation Question

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon May 31 23:40:12 BST 2004

I have done this, but:

1. I use the postcommit script instead of loginfo because at this
point the commit is done and the cvs server locks have been released.
It won't work if you use the loginfo script.

2. In postcommit I have this single line:
customer D:\Websites\customer\updatewebsite.bat

You could of course use more lines here with different commands
depending on the site you want to update.

3. The updatewebsite.bat file contains these commands:
@echo off
d:
cd d:\Websites\customer
cvs -d :sspi:cvsupdater:password at cvsserver:/PC update -d
echo website update done

It could probably be adapted to use variables to set the website
location, but I only heve one site so it is hardcoded.

Notice the d: command before the cd command, it is needed because
otherwise there will be access errors because cvsnt tries to execute
the batch file in the temp dir on the server.

When you execute a commit in this module the following cvs update will
be visible on the client so you can easily watch what is going on.

NOTE:
The CVSNT server and the test Webserver (Apache) are the same WinXP
PC.
I have no clue as to how to update across computers....

Hope this helps,

Bo

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:00:22 +0200, Tobias Müller <tmueller at a-i-c.de>
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>As a newbie who recently installed CVSNT, I tried to set up the loginfo
>file to automatically keep a local copy up to date (i.e. a website run
>on a local IIS installation).
>
>The line in my loginfo is the following:
>
>^TestVBScript (e:\CVS\asp\CVSROOT\scripts\cvsupdate.bat TestVBScript
>E:\inetpub\wwwroot) > E:\CVS\asp\CVSROOT\logs\cvsupdate.log
>
>(according to http://wxwidgets.org/cvsdoc.htm#SEC146)
>
>The triggered batch file looks like that:
>
>REM %1 is the project
>REM %2 is the webroot folder
>sleep 2
>cd %2\%1
>cvs -q update -d > e:\cvs\asp\cvsroot\logs\tobi.log
>
>Actually, Eclipse CVS hangs on a commit, in E:\CVS\asp\TestVBScript,
>there are two things created, a folder named #cvs.lock and a file named
>#cvs.wfl.aic-tobi(administrator).1948
>
>It seems that the files get locked somehow. If I delete the file and the
>folder, it takes several seconds and the update is done.
>
>Has anybody done the same thing and got it to work? If yes I would be
>very glad for a short hint!
>Thanks in advance,
>Tobi

/Bo