[cvsnt] Question about multi users working on same machine.

keith d. zimmerman lists at kdz13.net
Mon Nov 8 12:55:35 GMT 2004

Peter Crowther wrote:
>>From: pierce li [mailto:pierce.li at utstar.com]
>>I guess the hidden 'CVS' folder can't hold two different
>>users infomation at the same time, can it? How can I solve
>>this problem? I'm really suffered. Thanks!
>

> Ensure that each user checks out from CVS into their own sandbox.
> Sandboxes are one-per-user, not one-per-machine.
>
> 		- Peter

This is not entirely true when working with integrated logins (SSPI).
If you use the :sspi: protocol, and do not specify a user name, cvsnt
will use your windows account.... Then, when another user comes along to
use the same sandbox, windows will use *his* (or her) windows username.
  Provided that their permissions are the same on the repository all
should be well.

Now, it may bear asking why you are using CVS at all if you are all
using one common set of files.....

-kz