[cvsnt] Re: corrupt CVS/Entries???

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Nov 9 15:41:44 GMT 2004

Richard Wirth wrote:
> Hello Tony,
>
>  I've found some suspicious lines in my CVS/Entries after I made an
>  cvs update to a branch:
>
> /configure.in/1.31.2.1/Result of merge//TGCVS_GTK2
>  Why is there the timestamp missing???
> /xml-i18n-update.in/1.2.2.1/Result of merge+Tue Nov  9 14:37:50 2004//TGCVS_GTK2

Those are both valid... you don't actually *need* a timestamp, but it
does help on some operations.  CVSNT will preserve it whenever
possible.. maybe CVS 1.11.16 deletes it?

>  And this:
> /Makefile.am/1.19/dummy timestamp from new-entry+Mon Jul  5 08:29:39 2004//TGCVS_GTK2
>  Ooops! new entry whith existing Timestamp!

That's bizarre.  I'm guessing it's a side-effect of the merge.  The
server sent a 'new entry' and also a timestamp for the file.

If the server is sending this then it's presumably designed to handle
the results... the CVSNT client just passes these strings around without
doing a lot with them, so it's unaffected.