[cvsnt] Latest updates

Jerzy Kaczorowski jerzyk at wndtabs.com
Sat Nov 13 21:07:25 GMT 2004

Tony,

> 3M is nothing for an installer these days, really...

I don't mind 3M installers, but if you can have 2M and you get 3M instead
something is not quite right.

> If you don't allow MSI on your machine how do you use python?

I don't use Python at work, but last time I was installing it they seemed to
use Wise installer?

Anyway, I am currently testing new CVSNT at home only, where I do allow all
sort of things since I can afford the time to rebuild the system if
neccessary. So far the testing is going pretty badly :(

> It's easy enough to create one...  the source for the installers is
> there, or you can just edit the MSI directly with orca.

I don't intend to build CVSNT on my own at this point in time, but if I do
get around to it I won't be using MSI for sure. It may actually come to that
since I am not quite happy with the direction that CVSNT development seems
to be taking. I don't mean an installer only but also the exclusive edits
command operations and return to dynamic linking which increases the size.

> Just send the crashdump (or let it send it automatically).

Any command, even just calling "cvs.exe" produces the message box telling me
this:

"The procedure entry point MiniDumpWriteDump could not be located in the
dynamic link library dbghelp.dll. "

2.0.58d works perfectly.

CVSNT 2.0.59 craches with the same message too, but at least I am able to
select my own installation folder by using the Browse button.

Best Regards,
Jerzy