[cvsnt] Re: Unicode Filenames from linux cvs server are transfered as ANSI to Windows

Dietrich Schmidt Dietrich.Schmidt at bigfoot.com
Sun Nov 14 22:30:11 GMT 2004

Hm, I did it - but it does not work :-(

I installed cvsnt-2.0.58d.exe, which works fine but does not translate
locales in the filename:

Unicode filename with umlaute on server gives (using cmd.exe)

C:\cvsroot>cvs -o update Playground
cvs update: Updating Playground
cvs update: warning: Playground/FromPutty+¦+ñ+++û+ä+£+f.txt was lost
U Playground/FromPutty+¦+ñ+++û+ä+£+f.txt

ANSI filename on server gives

C:\cvsroot>cvs -o update Playground
cvs update: Updating Playground
cvs update: warning: Playground/Umlaute??÷????.txt was lost
U Playground/Umlaute??÷????.txt

which is displayed correctly on Windows but as garbage on Linux.
Why are the Umlaute scrambled in cmd.exe?
Anyway, dir shows

C:\cvsroot>dir Playground
11/14/2004  11:13 PM               214 FromPuttyA¶A¤A¼A-A,AoAY.txt
11/14/2004  11:21 PM                20 UmlauteäüöÄÖÜß.txt

==> situation is unchanged.

So I would like to know which settings are responsible to determine
the locales on both machines.

It's getting late here (11:30 pm) and I have to work tomorrow,
I will continue to work on it tomorrow.

thanks for your support, Tony.

Dietrich

news:cn8j3o$f38$1 at paris.nodomain.org...