[cvsnt] Re: offline folder can't be updated when offline, even though server online

David Holmes dholmes at --remove-this-part-dltech.com.au
Tue Nov 16 07:16:51 GMT 2004

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
news:cnbvnj$34f$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> Post the output from cvs -t -t -t update (at least the last 20 or so
> lines before the error), and I'll see if I can work out where it's
failing.

c:\rep>cvs -t -t -t up
  -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 1100
  -> Session ID is 44c4199a82e048f
  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:ssh:dholmes at 192.168.0.2:/usr/local/cvsroot
Authenticating with public key "rsa-key-20041110"
Passphrase for key "rsa-key-20041110": ******
  -> wrap_add(*.gif -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.pdf -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.bmp -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.jpg -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.jpeg -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.png -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.exe -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.dll -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.so -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.a -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.pdb -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.lib -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.o -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.res -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.class -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.ogg -kb, 0, 0)
  -> wrap_add(*.mp3 -kb, 0, 0)
  -> Name_Repository((null),)
  -> Repository = /usr/local/cvsroot/4e/src
  -> Mapped repository = /usr/local/cvsroot/4e/src
  -> open_directory(/usr/local/cvsroot/4e/src,(null),(null))
  -> Name_Repository(.,.)
  -> Name_Repository((null),)
  -> Repository = /usr/local/cvsroot/4e/src
  -> Mapped repository = /usr/local/cvsroot/4e/src
  -> copy(CVS/Entries,CVS/Entries.Old)
cvs [update aborted]: out of memory; can not allocate 2167603232 bytes

> If you want to risk it (provided I can find out what the memory error
> is) then go ahead.. I'm just saying I don't recommend it...

Sure I understand. And certainly I'll ensure I have all files closed before
doing a commit.

Thanks.

David Holmes