[cvsnt] cvs chown creates malformed fileattr.xml

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Nov 16 17:50:48 GMT 2004

I think this might be related.  I'm not sure which file you're
reordering to try and resolve the include problems or I'd try that.

Server:  FC2 running CVSNT 2.0.58d, upgraded through multiple versions
before.

I had some ACLs set up with the previous ACL implementation.  Now after
I've upgraded to 2.0.58d this is the first time I've tried to look at my
ACLs.

   "cvs lsacl" in a directory returns nothing, when I know I had some
permissions set.

   "cvs lsacl -R" in the same directory (when it contains
subdirectories) returns a set of errors then hangs:

cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `Directory: .' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `Owner: mshriel' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `<default>' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `     read' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `user=mshriel' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `     read' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `     write' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `     create' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `     tag' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `' from cvs server
cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `user=gstarret' from cvs server
.... (continues to list as unrecognized the listing of the previously
set permissions)

   "cvs chown gstarret" returns nothing, as expected.  However, then I
do  another "cvs lsacl" and I get the same error:

cvs lsacl: warning: unrecognized response `Error in xml_read: not
well-formed (invalid token) at line 2' from cvs server
... (repeated 3 times for this directory) ...
cvs [server aborted]: Malformed fileattr.xml file in
/var/cvs/xoops/mantis/mantisbt/core/CVS.  Please fix or delete this file

Is there something I forgot to run after doing my upgrading make install
that will convert the ACL entries?  Which lines of which file(s) should
have the includes rearrainged?

--
Glen Starrett