[cvsnt] notify/loginfo scripts and watchers

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Wed Nov 17 15:33:17 GMT 2004

We run at Win environment and use CVSmailer (freeware). It does great job for loginfo, but, yes, only for predefined users. It can send "notify" information based on "cvs watch" too, but info within these emails are quite limited. I learned that the limitation comes from limited information that CVS sends to notify scripts in comparison to info sent to loginfo scripts.

Idea for someone active: I can imagine a script that parse fileattr.xml and adds found watching users into user list used for loginfo notification.

Jan