[cvsnt] HELP: CVS directory without administration files present

Kunal Munjal kunal at acrx.com
Wed Nov 17 17:21:58 GMT 2004

  Hi All,

  I am new to CVS and would greatly appreciate it if some kind soul could
help me with this installation problem. I have set up the CSVNT to work in
conjunction with Tortoise CSV on windows. However when I try to make a new
module, it gives me the following error. Just for the background, I have
installed the CSVNT and tortoise CSV on the server, set the CSVROOT and
CSVTEMP environmental variables which are both simply C:\CSVREPO and
C:\CSVTEMP.

In C:\Documents and Settings\kunalmunjal\Desktop\desktop: "C:\Program
Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "checkout" "-d" "testing" "testing"
CVSROOT=:sserver:kunalmunjal at OUTCOMES2:2401/CVSREPO

cvs checkout: cwd=C:\Documents and Settings\kunalmunjal\Desktop\desktop
,current=C:\Documents and Settings\kunalmunjal\Desktop\desktop
cvs checkout: in directory .:
cvs [checkout aborted]: CVS directory without administration files
present.  Cannot continue until this directory is deleted or renamed.

Error, CVS operation failed

Error, one of the CVS operations failed

Someone please tell me what the last line of error is supposed to mean.
Tanks in advance.

Regards:

  Kunal