[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt permissions ordering problem?

Tim Janes tjanes at iee.org
Wed Nov 17 20:03:41 GMT 2004

Ahh! This CYGWIN variable maybe expains things.

My 1st try with CVS was installing CVSNT 2.0.58d but I kept getting "unable
to rename file error" when trying to commit. I spent ages trying to see what
I had done wrong with permissions etc. Eventually after reading this list
went back to 2.0.58a and all magically everything started working.

I also exstenively use rsync and ages ago had a problem (I forget the
details now) and the fix was to set CYGWIN to be "ntsec"

So now I need CYGWIN to be "ntsec" for "rsync" and "ntea" for "CVSNT".

As rsync is always run from a .bat file if I set CYGWIN to ntea globally and
reset it to ntsec at the beginning of the rsync batch file all should work.

But as I seem to be working at the moment with ntsec and 2.0.58a I am
thinking "if its not broken don't fix it"

Thanks to Tony and all for the good work on CVSNT.

Tim.