[cvsnt] Setting cvs password through GUI wrapper - C#

Thoppay, Vignesh (GE Consumer & Industrial) vignesh.thoppay at ge.com
Thu Nov 18 06:57:33 GMT 2004

Hello Everybody,

      I am trying to develop a GUI wrapper over CVS.exe using C# by executing all the
cvs commands with System.Diagnostics.Process class. Could execute most
of the commands successfully except password related commands.

Executing the "ls" command is successfull, but not able to write the password
to the standardInput stream. How does cvs interpret password characters other than normal
commands?

Please help me to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

	private void SetPassword()
		{
			p = new Process();
			StreamWriter sw;
			StreamReader sr;
			StreamReader err;

			p.StartInfo.EnvironmentVariables.Add("CVSROOT",":pserver:raju:vignesh at gia4f163:/BTT");
			p.StartInfo.FileName="cmd";
			p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardError=true;
			p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardInput=true;
			p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput=true;
			p.StartInfo.UseShellExecute=false;
			p.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow=false;

			p.Start();

			sw = p.StandardInput;
			sr = p.StandardOutput;
			err = p.StandardError;

			sw.AutoFlush = true;
			//sw.WriteLine("cvs ls"); //code to list the modules in the cvs repository
			sw.WriteLine("cvs login"); //code to login
			sw.WriteLine("aa"); // *Error* // not able to write the password to the stream
			sw.WriteLine("aa");
			sw.Flush();

			char[] c = null;
			string str1 = "";
			//code to read the standard output and display it in Textbox.
			while (sr.Peek() >= 0)
			{
				c = new char[5];
				sr.Read(c, 0, c.Length);