[cvsnt] File checked out read-only

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Mon Nov 22 10:13:32 GMT 2004

Hello World,

I have the following problem: After a fresh checkout:

D:\Metromec\misc\Cm3>cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.60 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)

D:\Metromec\misc\Cm3>cd Lib

D:\Metromec\misc\Cm3\Lib>attrib CmVersion.rc
A    R     D:\Metromec\misc\Cm3\Lib\CmVersion.rc

D:\Metromec\misc\Cm3\Lib>cvs watchers CmVersion.rc

D:\Metromec\misc\Cm3\Lib>cvs editors CmVersion.rc

D:\Metromec\misc\Cm3\Lib>

As you can see, the file CmVersion.rc is read-only, but noone is
watching or editing it. This happens also with a 2.0.51d client...

Is there any other possibility to make a file read-only for a checkout
(BTW: All other files are read-write)? How can I get rid of the
read-only flag (this file is generated and updated using another
program, but the other program fails if the file is write-protected)?

Thank you for your help
	Andreas
Andreas Tscharner                          andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch