[cvsnt] Import generates conflict messages, why???

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Nov 23 12:11:25 GMT 2004

I am testing how to get existing unix sources into cvs with things like file dates intact.
So I am using cvs import (from WinCvs) to repeatedly import file sets into the same
module on the server. The file sets are source versions kept in separate folders in
the original development computer. Each folder contains both modified and unmodified
files as compared to the previous version.

What I tried is this:
1) Import the first folder into a new module.
   I used the option to use the filedate as the date of import and I did not create
   any vendor branch etc.

2) Then I checked out the module to have a look and all was well concerning file dates

3) Then I moved on to the next source folder where most files were the same as before
   but a handful had changed. I repeated the same command again to import these files
   to the same module.

What happens now is a bit mysterious to me, CVSNT outputs a conflict message on each
file that has changed but nothing on the files that did not change.

When I check out the module again I get the changed files as revision 1.2 as I expected
and there seems to be no problems concerning the file contents either.

So why is CVSNT sending this conflict message? The files are simply edited and there is
a new revision to put into CVS only, this should not trigger a conflict, should it???

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41a (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41 (client/server)

Best regards,

Bo Berglund