FW: [cvsnt] Re: Regresssion and branches in the current sand box?

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Fri Oct 1 20:27:48 BST 2004

Is it necessary to checkout a second sandbox for the trunk (as recommended
in the OReilly book) so I can add revisions to both the branch and the trunk
without merging them or replacing one with the other?

Apparently, if you want to merge or override changes immediately, one can
use the update command. It seems that both the -j and the -r for the update
command want to merge changes all the time.

I want to keep the trunk and branches separate for a few revisions before I
merge them. Is it possible to do this with a single sandbox? I suspect not.

Thanks,
    Siegfried