[cvsnt] 2.0.57a and 2.0.58 crashes on checkout

Issberner, Sven RD-IS-P22 Sven.Issberner at heidelberg.com
Mon Oct 4 14:05:43 BST 2004

Hi Tony!

I just tried the new stable release 2.0.58 on my test system (WinXp Pro without SP2)
and encountered problems checking out any module. The server raised the message

"Unfortunately CVSNT has crashed. Would you like to produce a crash dump?"

The server and client versions are as follows

cvs -d :sspi:kieapp75001:/PrePressKie version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.56 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.57a (client/server)

Tracing the execution of the checkout command gave the following results

cvs -d :sspi:kieapp75001:/PrePressKie -n -t co Piano
  -> Tracelevel set to 1.  PID is 2328
  -> Session ID is 918416145846305
  -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi:kieapp75001:/PrePressKie
  -> Requesting server cvsignore
  -> Requesting server cvswrappers
  -> Requesting server cvsrc (read-cvsrc2)
S -> do_module(Piano, Updating, , )
S -> do_module(_piano_project, Updating, , )
S -> do_module(_piano_devEnv, Updating, , )
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

I then tried the versions 2.0.14, 2.0.34, 2.0.41 and 2.0.51d. With all these versions the checkout worked fine.
The test machine is in an active directory. The user has full access on the whole repository.

Best Regards
Sven

Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
Research & Development