[cvsnt] 2.0.51: commitinfo username

James Kavanagh james.kavanagh at voxsurf.com
Mon Oct 4 18:01:54 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm attempting to write a small Java application which performs a similar
function to the cvs_acls.pl script which has been widely distributed.
Essentially I want to prevent some users from committing files to a release
branch.
I've got past the hurdles of retrieving the filenames etc. but I cannot seem
to obtain the user from anywhere. Calls to System.getProperty("user.name")
come back with "SYSTEM" which is the user that the CVSNT service is running
under.

1. Can anyone help on this front? Has anyone done this before or am I
wasting my time :(
or..
2. Does anyone have a modified version of the cvs_acls.pl script which works
under CVSNT?

Regards
James Kavanagh
Voice Applications Architect