[cvsnt] Latest Updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Oct 8 16:11:34 BST 2004

Richard Wirth wrote:
> Hello Tony,
>
> There are some ugly messages from the server (cvsnt.org):
>
> Actually I have tag CVSNT_2_0_x in my sandbox and I want to get the
> .58a
>
> cvs -z9 -q update -P -d -r CVSNT_2_0_58sp (in directory K:\cvs\cvs_nt\cvsnt\)
> ? cryptlib
> ? zlib/win32/Release
> cvs update: Read data failed (5): error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
> cvs [update aborted]: reading from server: error -1
> <<<<
> Next time I try the same line all works well! (only a rename conflict
> with "test_new.txt", looks like cross branch rename doesn't work)

If you update using a 51d client the rename can behave strangely, as
there were bugs on the client side in that, but another update pretty
much always fixes it.

Renaming across branches is almost always a conflict  - more
sophisticated handling is possible but I'm not even going to touch that
until everything is 100% right (I haven't worked out all the possible
combinations yet anyway).

It looks like the special case for merging a branch with itself isn't
working.  Should be a quick fix.