[cvsnt] Re: rcsdiff -q

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Oct 13 11:45:50 BST 2004

Matthew Heaney wrote:
> The problem is that it is in your distribution, and your binary named
> "rcsdiff" (whatever it does) breaks RCS, since RCS includes a binary also
> named "rcsdiff" but that accepts a -q switch.

CVSNT files are not strictly RCS files any more (they're mostly the
same, but things like binary deltas will just break RCS) but some
commonly used frontends used RCS to access the files. The RCS wrappers
are just for that... they allow such software to read the repository.

I'm guessing emacs would be hard to change for the differences between
the RCS diff and CVSNT diff, so probably isn't worth it (and it would
want to write, since it's an editor, and there are is no wrapper for ci).

Doesn't emacs have a cvs mode?  That would work better.