[cvsnt] Re: cvswrappers

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Oct 19 18:52:18 BST 2004

Vermes, Istvan wrote:
> Sometimes it works well, sometimes not.
>
> Then we put the last row to the beginning of the file. It works at times
> as well, but not in all case.
>
> We doesn't able to determine how does it work in this case?

You can't.  The order of reading of cvswrappers is completely random.
It actually varies depending on the version of the client you're using,
and whether there's a local .cvswrappers file.  Different
implementations/cvs versions do it in different ways.

It's far better to have the server configured 'normally' by defining
binary files, and have local wrappers on the mac machines.  Also forget
about the '-m' options, as they're redundant (I probably should properly
depreciate them).

The Mac clients shpuld determine what is binary on that platform
automatically.  It's not something the server really needs to handle
(I'd expect that MacCvsX does, since I've not heard of others having the
problem).