[cvsnt] Installation

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Oct 22 10:54:01 BST 2004

Concerning CVSNT you are supposed to just run the installer, it will upgrade the existing isnatllation by replacing old files etc. Then you will still have your existing configuration and no need to do much mucking about with configuration settings.

If you ever need to *downgrade* to an older version, then you need to first uninstall since the installer will never overwrite newer files with older ones.
In that case you might be forced to do some control panel configurations also, for example if you go from say 2.0.51 to 2.0.38, because the handling of the repository prefix was changed.

You will generally never lose anything from your actual repositories no matter which method you use because these files are just data to CVSNT and since they were not installed they will also not be uninstalled. Same goes for the registry entries.

I have no idea what Tortoise does since I don't use it.

/Bo