[cvsnt] Re: error-message on commit

kurt ka-2001 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 22 23:11:12 BST 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:23:01 +0200, Luigi D. Sandon <cp at sandon.it> wrote:

> We are getting the same error after we upgraded to 2.058b.
>
> I.e.:
>
> cvs commit -m "Release 9.0.5" -r DUnit dunit.dpr dunit.drc DunitAbout.dfm
> DunitAbout.pas DUnitMainForm.dfm DUnitMainForm.pas
> GUITesting.pas GUITestRunner.dfm GUITestRunner.pas NGUITestRunner.nfm
> NGUITestRunner.pas QGUITestRunner.pas TestExtensions.pas
> TestFramework.pas
> TestModules.pas TextTestRunner.pas versioninfo.inc versioninfo.rc
> versioninfo.res (in directory F:\Projects\Delphi_Libs\DUnit\src\)
> Checking in dunit.dpr;
> /CVS/Lib/Delphi/DUnit/src/dunit.dpr,v  <--  dunit.dpr
> new revision: 1.1.1.2; previous revision: 1.1.1.1
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file
> /CVS/Lib/Delphi/DUnit/src/,dunit.dpr, to
> /CVS/Lib/Delphi/DUnit/src/,dunit.dpr,: Permission denied
>
> ***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****
>
> Some modules works, others not. This one was a new checkout of a module
> already existing in the repository (imported with an older version of
> CVSNT
> compiled under Linux, I believe 2.0.52 or something alike, now cvsnt
> runs on
> a Windows 2000 server), I was upgrading the library to a new release.
>
> We are using both sspi an pserver. I tried with different server
> settings,
> especially trying to change the user CVS runs with, but with success.

That's exactly what happened to me after upgrading from 2.0.51d to 2.058b
(Permission denied - problem).

I think the problem is, that the account under which CvsNT creates/writes
the files changed (in my case from adaministrator to my user-account).
You can check this, when you check the owner of the files in the
CVS-repository.
Files before upgrading had the administrator owner, files created after
upgrading have my user-account as owner.

As soon as you try to commit changed files, which were created with the old
version (because they are owned by administrator) this problem occurs.

My solution was to go back to version 2.0.51d - but maybe you can help it
if
you change the owner of (all?) files in the repository.

(I don't think any AV is blocking the files - this is to test easily also)