[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Oct 25 14:45:32 BST 2004

Rick Rankin wrote:
> No joy here. 58c has the same rename problem as 58b. I see 58c attempting to
> rename the file several times, but it fails each time. I think the issue is in
> the apparent assumption that this is caused by A/V software. In my case, at
> least, this problem has absolutely nothing to do with A/V. It happens on all
> files all the time on 58b and 58c, even if I completely disable my A/V
> software. It *never* happens on 58a, even with A/V software running.

It sounds like you either have a permissions problem, or something has
the file open and is holding it open - are you sure there's nothing that
could be doing that?

Some AV software will start re-reading the file after the failed rename,
which is why retrying isn't a panacea.  Nothing has changed bettwen 58a
and 58c with permissions other than 58c is slightly faster - which
triggers problems with AV software.