[cvsnt] Beginner Question

Kinjal kinjal.vohra at mentorix.com
Wed Oct 27 15:11:30 BST 2004

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

rgds,
Kinjal
ECode:C00773
Extn:5506

-----Original Message-----
From: Bo Berglund [mailto:Bo.Berglund at system3r.se]
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 19:33
To: Kinjal; Sandi Wijaya; cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
Subject: RE: [cvsnt] Beginner Question

The CVS users don't normally browse anything, this is not built into the
system at all.
When you have installed WinCvs then you have a *client* to CVS.
Now you need to connect to a *server* in order to check out any files.
If that server is CVSNT then WinCvs has a browsing button in the checkout
dialogue where
you can actually browse the available modules and files in the repository on
the server.
But if it is a standard CVS server (like at Sourceforge) then this is not
possible.
In that case you have to know beforehand the name and location of the module
you want
to check out....

/Bo