[cvsnt] Unable to remove file in 2.0.58c

Dan Pupek dpupek at astpcola.com
Wed Oct 27 16:09:50 BST 2004

Here is a transcript of the transaction

cvs.exe "-z3" "commit" "-m" "No longer needed" "source/wcDataGrid.ascx.vb"

Removing source/wcDataGrid.ascx.vb;
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 1 second,
still trying...
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 2
seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 3
seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 4
seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 5
seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 6
seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 7
seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 8
seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 9
seconds, still trying...
Unable to rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, for 10
seconds, giving up...
cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb, to
/SES/DCMS.CertificationServices.UI/source/,wcDataGrid.ascx.vb,: Permission
denied

End Transcript
Our server is 2.0.58c.

We have tried this with clients from 2.0.51 up to 2.0.58c on multiple
workstations with the same exact message.

Dan Pupek
Software Engineer
Advanced Systems Technology, Inc
dpupek at astpcola.com <mailto:dpupek at astpcola.com>