[cvsnt] Re: cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file

Torsten Martinsen torsten at tiscali.dk
Thu Oct 28 21:09:16 BST 2004

Bryan Kuhn wrote:

>MoveFileExA returned 0, failing
>GetLastError returned 0, meaning no error

Quite strange. I just did a quick test, and MoveFileEx() seems to work
fine even if arg 1 and arg 2 are the same.

But I got an idea: Since the errors seems to happen only when renaming a
file to the same name, and since this is a no-op anyway, could the
solution not be a simple "if (strcmp(src, dst))" before the MoveFileEx()
call?

-Torsten