[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directoryC:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp\cvs-serv724: Permisssion Denied

dave at tatgoneink.com dave at tatgoneink.com
Fri Oct 29 18:53:41 BST 2004

Thanks, I'll try that.

More notes:

I'm new to CVS. I'm trying to use Tortoise from another machine
with sspi, but haven't gotten it to work yet.
On the server, I set up a Windows account for each user.
I uses the cvs passwd command to assign passwords (the
Windows accounts don't have passwords). All accounts
are administrator. I also used cacls to add permissions to
the cvs folders  (temp and repository).

When I set CVSROOT=:sspi:User at Server:/cvs/archive
I can log in, but if I do something like
cvs ls

it can't create temp folder (I haven't turned off
simple file sharing yet).

But if I set  CVSROOT=:sspi:Server:/cvs/archive
(note no user), I can login using any password,
and I can then 'cvs ls'

Is this a case of local vs remote (even though I'm doing
all this on the server in a command window)?
Like if I give it a user, it 'goes remote' but if I leave
the user out, it 'goes local'?

Dave A.