[cvsnt] :sspi: without username specification

Prochazka, Jan Jan.Prochazka at brooks.com
Fri Oct 29 19:08:56 BST 2004

>But if I set  CVSROOT=:sspi:Server:/cvs/archive
>(note no user), I can login using any password,
>and I can then 'cvs ls'

I realized the same behavior in our environment (win2kserver with 2.0.58a
server, sspi protocol, 2.0.58a client at win2kprof) It allowed me to do
everything without 'cvs login' even after I changed my win domain password.
However if I tried the same from client not logged to domain, cvs asked for
password.

Looks like :sspi: protocol bug, but i did not investigate any deeper.

Jan