[cvsnt] Re: :sspi: without username specification

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Oct 29 21:39:17 BST 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:16:02 -0700, "david.arendash at manyone.net"
<david.arendash at manyone.net> wrote:

>Thanks, but I'm trying to use Tortoise. Do I have the option?
>I tried not supplying a user name but then it didn't ask for
>a password or anything, and 'failed to create folder'.

I don't know about Tortoise so I cannot say what it does...

>The client (workstation) - Does that have to have the exact same
>user setup as the server? Meaning, if I have an account Dave
>in CVSNT, and on the CVSNT server, does my workstation have
>to have a Dave account, with same password, or what? And
>do I need to use the passwd thing (config file)? I'm really
>very clueless about XP and users and accounts.

If you are on an NT domain or Active Server Domain then your login to
your Windows workstation is authenticated against thta and is validf
across your network. But if you don't have a domain and are using
workgroups instead, then you need to havethe same user/password setup
on the server as you have on the workstation in order to use sspi.

>I'm hoping to use CVSNT via Tortoise from a few different machines,
>as we have machines dedicated to different aspects, such as
>code, art, documents, and all are on different workstations.

Should work OK if all users log in to these machines as themselves.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)