[cvsnt] CVSNT and Windows XP Service Pack 2

Oliver Plohmann oliver at plohmann.com
Sun Oct 31 13:03:27 GMT 2004

Hello!

I had CVS working well on my machine with Window XP Professional. After I
installed the Windows XP Service Pack 2 CVS did not work anymore. I'm sure
that the Windows XP Service Pack 2 was the problem, because after I
uninstalled it CVS was working again well. I guess the problem was that
Windows XP Service Pack 2 contains a virus scanner that blocks CVS. I had
such a problem earlier with McAffee VirusScan. I then changed to the Norton
virus scanner and CVS worked again. I have meanwhile spent some time playing
with the virus scanner in the Windows XP Service Pack 2 to make CVS coexist
with it. For the time being I have given up. Is there somebody out there who
has already mentioned to get CVS to work with the Windows XP Service Pack 2
or is there already an entry concerning the matter in some CVS FAQ?

Thanks for any answers, Oliver Plohmann