[cvsnt] -x option with sspi

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Sep 1 10:01:59 BST 2004

Torsten Martinsen wrote:

> Tony, if there's a good reason for this, I'd like to change TortoiseCVS
> to not use -x in this case. However, this leads to another question: How
> can I determine on which platform the server runs? "cvs version"
> unfortunately does not include a platform identifier.

Winbind doesn't currencly support any kind of encryption - if it gets
that support I'll add it (put in a feature request with the samba team
as I think they have encryption figured out).

It's difficult to tell at the moment what the server is.  SSPI is
special as it's different between Windows and Unix, which creates
problems.  (btw. -y doesn't work because it checks the client and
assumes the server and client support the same features... it probably
needs some way of checking the server too).