[cvsnt] Re: Problems updating when modules differ only in case (2.0.51d)

Lionello Lunesu lionello.lunesu at crystalinter.remove.com
Fri Sep 3 14:05:38 BST 2004

Tony,

I'm sorry I keep bothering you with this, but I have the feeling something
strange is going on that can be fixed. Just some test results:

It seems the empty module was checked out before the full one:

> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/projx co -P XXXX
> xxxx

("cvs co -P ." would proof the same thing but I don't care about the other
modules in that repo)
The module "XXXX" is empty, "xxxx" if full.
The checkout succeeds, but the CVS\Repository file says "XXXX" (which it
isn't)
So the module name that the server sent to the client during the check-out
was not the same as the module mentioned in CVS\Repository on the client?

> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/projx co -P xxxx
> XXXX

The checkout succeeds, but now the CVS\Repository file says "xxxx", which is
OK.

>From a "cvs co -P ." I've noticed that empty modules are not removed until
cvs is finished with the check-out. If this behaviour could be changed
(testing modules immediately after their check-out), the problem would be
"solved".

Lionello.

(PS. cvshome.org's CVS 1.11.17 behaves exactly like CVSNT in this respect,
except that cvshome doesn't support "checkout .")