[cvsnt] Re: Problems with Sun One 5

Domenico Loiacono loiacono at sword.it
Fri Sep 10 14:36:16 BST 2004

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:chs9bv$e5f$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> Domenico Loiacono wrote:
>
> > So, I'm using only Windows machines with Windows 2000 Professional. Sun
One
> > is an Java IDE that have a bult-in CVS client.
> > Using the same connection to CVSNT server from Eclipse IDE, it's work
fine
> > in all commands.
>
> It sounds like SunOne is doing something strange with its CVS protocol.
>   Is there a way of enabling logging with it?  I need to know what it's
> trying to send so I can see whether it's possible to work around it or
> whether it's just plain broke (I'd report a bug with Sun anyway as if
> other clients can connect correctly there is no problem with the server
> setup).
>
> Tony

I have configured SunOne to use CVSNT like external CVS client. After that I
can run all CVS commands on server.
>   Is there a way of enabling logging with it?
I think there isn't any way to enable a more detailed log on CVS commands
sent to server. The only "detailed" log message is "unrecognized request `'
".
I think the problem is in SunOne CVS client, even if it works fine with the
CVS server of www.cvshome.org that I have on linux machine.

Domenico