[cvsnt] CVSNT : can I mix domain users & local users ?

Richard Bordoli Richard_Bordoli at sunsystems.com
Mon Sep 13 09:51:30 BST 2004

We recently moved to 2.0.51d and looks like the authentication behaviour has
changed...

We use sspi & pserver protocols.  The majority of users appear in passwd as:

<domain-username>:!<domain-name>

But we 1 'user' that appear as :
<cvs-login-name>:<encryted-password>
( For info: this is because we want a pseudo account for submitting all
changes from a different (remote) repository that we merge into our
repository: ie one 'user' that represents a bunch of remote users that are
not authenticated to our repository) .

And 1 user that appear as :
<cvs-login-name>::<local-machine-name>

Is there any way we can continue to have mixed local/domain authentication
now with 2.0.51d and also in the future ??

Hopefully,

Richard Bordoli.