[cvsnt] Re: CVS plugin for WSAD

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Sep 14 03:30:52 BST 2004

Prem Pathak wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I am using cvsnt-2.0.11 release. I found that few features of CVS
> plugin for WSAD DOES NOT work properly if the CVS server is configured
>   use a repository prefix. Also it's a global property which means I
> can't turn that selectively ON and OFF for different repositories in the
> same CVS server.
>   I am using CVSNT on WinNT.I have already 8-9 repository lying on the
> same server with (repository prefix ON). Now I want to add one more
> repository,
>   which will be used thru WSAD also(where I need to set repository
> prefix OFF).
>
> Can anyone give me some feedback on this?
>
> Thanx,
> Prem

2.0.11 is pretty old.  You can update to the latest and you have more
ability to configure in the repository names (you can mix 'prefix' and
regular ones).  There is also a feature to "lie" to WSAD and make it
think that the server is old-style CVS, but then you also loose some of
the CVSNT features (e.g. mergepoints) (I think!)

--
Glen Starrett