[cvsnt] Changing a comment for a particular change set

Kevin zzz at zzz.zzz.org
Tue Sep 14 15:06:35 BST 2004

I have encountered the following difficulty, can anyone give me any
suggestions please.

I have committed changes with a comment. I realized that I needed to add
more information to that comment so I tried to change the comment for the
files related to that commit.

I tried the following:

cvs admin -m at 888777766660000:Fresh_comment
where 888777766660000 is the commit ID of the change set.

It worked well for the files in the change set. However all other files got
their current revision's comments overwritten.

What did I do wrong?
Is there a different approach?

CVS version installed:
Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.34 (client/server)

--
Kevin