[cvsnt] extnt within Eclipse

YErkan at decaresystems.ie YErkan at decaresystems.ie
Tue Sep 14 15:29:57 BST 2004

Hi,

I went through the archives and I did a little bit of reading. Thanks to your
past messages, I'm almost able to connect to CVSNT from Eclipse using "ext"
protocol.

>From a command line, I can type:
extnt mywindowsmachine -l yerkan cvs server

And it connects. At least I think it connects because it doesn't give any error
(If I change one of the parameters I got an error message).

However, I'm not that lucky using Eclipse. I setup the "Ext Connection Method"
protocol using:

CVS_RSH: c:\path\to\wincvs\cvsnt\extnt.exe
Parameters: {host} -l {user}
CVS_SERVER: cvs server

Then, I create a new "repository location" using the following values:

Host: mywindowsmachine
Repository path: /javarepo
User: yerkan
Password:
Connection Type: ext
(x) Use Default Port
(x) Validate Connection on Finish

After a second of pondering Eclipse gives me the following error:

Error validating location: "Unknown response received from cvs server: "

Do you have an idea what I am missing?
I would appreciate any little help because, soon, I'm going to go insane...

Thanks in advance,

 - Yagiz Erkan -
 http://yagiz.blogspot.com
 http://www.erkans.com