[cvsnt] Re: cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporarydirectoryC:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp\cvs-serv724: Permisssion Denied

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Tue Sep 14 23:43:41 BST 2004

I'm don't know how to enable auditing. Would it be appropriate to explain
that in this forum? I hope so.

I tried downloading filemon.exe and ran that. I've been quite successful at
using this utility to diagnose other problems.

However, this time, filemon did not give me any clues. It shows explore.exe
accessing the temp directory but nothing else. It looks like windows
explorer is just refusing to remove the readonly attribute.

I used a cmd.exe (command prompt) and set my default to /program
files/cvsnt. Much to my surprise, the attrib command did not show it to be
readonly! Then I used the "attrib -r" command to remove the readonly
attribute and received no error message! Hmmm.... Strange!

I then set my default to the temp directory and tried to create a temporary
file with the edit command. No problem. I use the type command to display
the contents of the newly created file: again, no problem.

Well, I go back to windows explorer and the "readonly" check box is solid
green. I think it is lying.

I'm still getting the same error messages when I try to do anything (except
login) with cvs, however.

Got any more ideas?

  Siegfried