[cvsnt] Re: cvs update -j question

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Sep 15 20:59:45 BST 2004

keith d. zimmerman wrote:

> no, that'll never do.  I don't want *all* of the changes on head, just
> the ones i committed.  HEAD changes a lot, but when there's a bug fix
> that must be pushed back to a release version, we want only that fix.

In that case you can use commit IDs (you can probably setup a way to do
this automatically depending on your setup).

eg.

cvs update -j @<92f40fd1200c41b @92f40fd1200c41b

(OTOH I'm not sure whether that syntax made it into the 2.0.51d release
so it may not be useful for you just yet - the @< is fairly recent.)

The problem with things like "5 minutes ago" is someone could commit an
unrelated fix while you're typing the command.