[cvsnt] Re: Changing a comment for a particular change set

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Sep 16 17:15:55 BST 2004

Kevin wrote:

> "Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
> news:cibnlq$shu$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> > I'm surprised that worked at all (although I can see its
> > usefulness).  Not sure why it would affect other files, though.
> Hmmmm..... I think I have read a message in this group that said that
> you can use commit IDs anywhere you could use tags. Am I wrong here
> too!? Is this a far fetched idea?

No, I think that's generally true. However, so far I always thought cvs
admin -m would only accept *revisions*, i.e. not even tags... I never
ever tried it on multiple files so far... but then it's very very
seldom that I commit two files with the same comments - call me
pedantic... ;)

Cheers,

--
Oliver