[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directory C:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp\cvs-serv724: Permisssion Denied

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Sun Sep 19 18:38:41 BST 2004

(The list server is holding my earlier attempt to post this message claiming
that this message was greater than 10KB. I don't understand that, emacs says
it is only 2KB. So I'm trying again -- this time in plain text instead of
HTML).

Hey, I just got another clue!

I downloaded an extremely useful program called filemon.exe from
sysinternals.com. When I run the commands below with filemon.exe running I
get a log of all the files (and directories) that are opened (or attempted
to open) with the account of the process attempting to open them. I see
SALES/Guest is attempting to open "C:\Program Files\cvsnt\Temp\cvs-serv724"

Ah hah! It looks like cvsnt is running in the Guest account! Why is this? I
don't want the Guest account to have access to the cvsnt directory. I went
to the service control panel for cvsnt but found no way to tell it to run in
the system account. How to I control the account cvsnt uses to open temp
files?

I'm running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 1.
    Siegfried

> I just downloaded cvsnt v 2.0.51d and installed it.
>
> I use the service control panel to create a respository in
> c:\CVSROOT_SermonClips
>
> I'm running Windows XP Prof SP 1 and I hate it's new user interface.
>
> C:\Program Files cvsnt\cvsnt\cvs.exe -d :pserver:Siegfried at
127.0.0.1:/CVSROOT_Sermonclips login

> It accepts my password. Now I try
>
> C:\Program Files cvsnt\cvsnt\cvs.exe -d :pserver:Siegfried at
127.0.0.1:/CVSROOT_Sermonclips status