[cvsnt] unix execute flag with cvsnt

Francesco Montorsi f18m_cpp217828 at yahoo.it
Thu Sep 23 21:49:48 BST 2004

Hi,
   I'm new to CVSNT so I'm sorry if this question has already been
solved/replied (I could not find anything about this in FAQ).

I use cvsnt client from a winxp machine to commit a module containing bash
script files created on a linux system.
The problem is that the execute flag for those script files is removed and
thus, when I checkout I have to chmod all those files.

The module I'm using is kept on a FAT32 partition; I don't know how linux
stores the execute flag for files and if this works only on ext2/3
filesystems. If only those filesystems support the execute flag, then I do
not understand why on some CVS modules I checkout from linux (belonging to
other projects), the execute flag is already set for script files.
Does CVS have some special system for "remembering" those flags ?

Anyway, is there a way to commit files, using cvsnt, preserving the execute
flag for those files which have them or to set it for those files which miss
it (but which should have) ?

Thanks,
Francesco Montorsi