[cvsnt] Having problems with "cvs watch on" in CVSnt 2.0.55

Dave Hux dah at yellowradio.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 16:31:50 BST 2004

<>I'm fairly new to CVSnt so apologies if this is either covered
elsewhere or should be elsewhere...

I have a local repository with which I have been trying out the basic
functionality. This contains a single module (in addition to CVSROOT)
with a subdirectory. Initially this was being used in an 'Unreserved
checkout' regime.

Subsequently I've tried changing to a 'Reserved Checkout' regime via
'cvs watch on'. However this appears to only set a watch on one file in
each directory (verified via examination in TortoiseCVS and by
examination of the CVS/fileattr.xml file in the repository). Attempting
to turn a watch on subsequently on an individual file doesn't change the
fileattr.xml file unless 'cvs watch off <fname>' is first used to remove
the existing watch.

I've tried the obvious stage of using the -R option rather than relying
on the default. Have also tried release candidate 2.0.56 with the same
results.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Dave Huxford