[cvsnt] Authentication protocol rejected access

IAB iab941 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 09:12:02 BST 2004

I have installed CVSNT in a server and, when I try to connect it (with
TortoiseCVS), I ever get the classical error: Authentication Protocol
Rejected Access.

The server has Win2K, and the client has WinXP. I'm using SSPI protocol.
Both computers are login in a domain (in other machine). The CVSROOT that
TortoiseCVS is using is: CVSROOT=:sspi:user_name at ip_server:2401/repository
where user_name is the client user in domain (I dont write it, but Tortoise
get it) and ip_server is the ip address of the server ;-).

In the server, CVSNT is running and the port is 2401. The repository is
'repository' and it is in d:\CVSRepo\Repository.

Times ago, I installed the same config. to test CVS and it works without
many problems. I uninstalled all. Recently I installed again to really use,
but  I'm blocked in the first step.

Which things can cause my headache? What can I do to test the correct work
of each part?

Thanks in Advance.
IAB.