[cvsnt] Help? CVSNT Upgrade Broke My SSH Permissions.

Dac Chartrand dac514 at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 29 17:57:44 BST 2004

Since last year, I was successfully running CVSNT and Cygwin SSH on
Windows 2000 without  any problems.

I have upgraded to the latest versions and now when a user commits to
the repository the permissions are much too strict. Any other user
trying to commit to the repository gets a "permission denied" error
because commits are done in the equivalent of a chmod 755.

This only happens when i use SSH. When I use the PSERVER protocol,
things are fine. The files are marked as Everyone/Full Control. (i.e.
777)

I would like to know what changed and how I would go about fixing it?
The web documents I originally used to set up the server have been
replaced with 404 or "This page has been taken offline, see the Cygwin
documentation" , etc.

I have been pulling my hair out for 48 hours trying to figure out what
happened, but all the documentation and howto's I have found via Google
are horribly inadequate for my situation.

Any insight would greatly be appreciated.