[cvsnt] Re: Authentication protocol rejected access

BERTIN Philippe philippe.bertin at cnh.com
Thu Sep 30 07:51:13 BST 2004

Referring to my previous entry in this thread, I can now say that I intermittedly still encounter the same problem. I am using CVSNT 2.0.51.d and WinCVS 1.3.13.2 beta 13 build 2.

My configuration: although I have a domain account, my client is *not* attached to the domain, but still uses the sspi- protocol to authenticate to the server (which IS attached to the domain, and probably gets the correct authentication somehow via that way, not so ?).

At first, I could solve my problem (see again previous entry) by adding the domain name to my user name (I must somehow have succeeded to create a sandbox without my full domain name 'domain_name\user-name', which can have been caused by the configuration of the server -which I was still configuring- at that time).

But now I have a similar phenomenon that I've (coincidentally ?) been able to (re)solve by re-resetting my CVSROOT environment variable to what is was the last time I succeeded. Note that the character sequence "XXX\nuYYY" occurs in my full domain name. There was an instance where I have seen passing along the screen : "XXXuYYY". Then re-setting the full domain name (to the string it already was) somehow cured the situation ? What puzzled me then was that even when I saw "XXX\nuYYY" passing along, it did not yet succeed as from the first time... Only after some more logout/login trials, it suddenly succeeded ...

I'm puzzled. Maybe someone has more hints ?

Kind regards,

PhB.