[cvsnt] Switching Back and forth between branches

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Thu Sep 30 22:17:52 BST 2004

OK, I finally have a temporary repository set up. I added some keywords in a
source code file.

I import a directory with the -Cdn qualifier, make some changes, commit the
changes, and type "cvs tag main".

Then I type "cvs -r main -b branch"

Then I use emacs and make some changes and commit. The keywords now show I
am on branch "branch". Hurray!

Now I type

"cvs update -d -r main"

I look at the source code and I see I'm back on the main branch. Everything
is going great!

Now I try to make some changes to the main branch and commit those changes
and I get this error:

"cvs server: sticky tag main for file 'PseduoListBoxTest.cpp' is not a
branch.

How do I commit my changes to the main branch?

Thanks,

    Siegfried