[cvsnt] Can't create temporary directory

Craig Edwards craig at haenterprises.com.au
Fri Apr 1 07:34:03 BST 2005

I have been using CVSNT 1.11.1.3 for the past few years with no problems
at all, and today I have suddenly started getting the following error:

can't create temporary directory C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/cvs-serv2964

Googling around, I see the normal recommendation is to make sure the
permissions are set correctly.  I checked the auths and they looked OK,
but for good measure, I granted full control to all users to the
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP directory.  Still no love...

The only thing that is different since my last successful commit is that I
now have started to log onto the LAN, rather than locally.  I tried adding
my LAN userid to the permissions, but that didn't help either.  I also
tried logging on to Windows locally, but still I get the same error.  I've
also tried creating a fresh directory (C:\CVSTEMP) and pointing my CVS
server to that, but no joy.  Any other things I should try, or places I
can look for more diagnostics from CVSNT?  Many thanks.

Windows XP SP1
CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (57i)
Eclipse 3.0
Using pserver for auth