[cvsnt] Re: Trying to backtrack to 2.0.51d but getting errors...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Apr 1 21:25:21 BST 2005

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 16:45:41 -0300, Clovis Garcia
<clovis at phoebus.com.br> wrote:

>I'm with the same problem. I've tried to use the 2.5.01 build 1910
>without success than I tried to backtrack to 2.0.51d too. I had the same
>problem you have reported but I have no idea how to solve it.
>
>cvs -d :sspi;username=clovis;hostname=192.168.1.1:/pos -t -t -t ver (in
>directory X:\Ok\bChecklist\)
>   -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 3856
>   -> Session ID is f10424da4b94729
>   -> main loop with CVSROOT=:sspi;username=clovis;hostname=192.168.1.1:/pos
>
>***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****
>
>   -> Encryption enabled
>   -> Requesting server cvsignore
>cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't chdir to working directory : Invalid argument
>

>Could you give some tip?

I did the following:
1) Uninstalled old version.
2) Manually deleted the folder in which cvsnt was installed
3) Deleted an environment variable named CVS_CLIENT_LOG
4) Restarted the PC
5) Installed CVSNT 2.0.51d
6) Restarted the PC again
7) Entered the control panel applet from
Start/Programs/CVSNT/Configure server (or some similar name on the
green fish icon). The applet was not visible in Control Panel.
8) Added the existing repositories to the server

Now it started working as expected.

Then of course I hade to revert the whole thing by uninstalling CVSNT
2.0.51d etc...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)